UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin is the world’s most trusted WordPress backup, restore and clone plugin. Hacking, server crashes, dodgy updates or simple user error can ruin your WordPress site. That’s why you need UpdraftPlus. Keep your WordPress site safe and install now!
Why choose UpdraftPlus?
Engage with an easy-to-use interface that allows you to backup and restore with a single click on a schedule that suits you.
Not all backup plugins are created equal. UpdraftPlus is tested in more scenarios, installed on more servers and rated higher than any rival.
UpdraftPlus is a complete, general-purpose backup and restore plugin with more features and advanced tools than any rival.
What does the UpdraftPlus WordPress backup plugin do?
Performs complete manual or scheduled backups of all your WordPress files, databases, plugins and themes.
Schedule your WordPress backups every 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours, daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Restores backups directly from your WordPress control panel.
What are the additional benefits of Premium?
Cloning and migration
Fast, personal support
Provides expert help and support from the backup plugin developers whenever you need it.
Backup non-WordPress files and databases
Network / multisite
Back up WordPress multisites or networks securely.
More database options
Run from WP-CLI
Tidy things up for clients and remove all adverts.
UpdraftPlus simplifies backups and restoration. It is the world’s highest ranking and most popular scheduled backup plugin, with over three million currently-active installs. Backup your files and database backups into the cloud and restore with a single click!
Backup into the cloud directly to Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3 (or compatible), UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects, Openstack Swift, and email. The paid version also allows you to back up to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, pCloud and WebDAV.
DON’T RISK YOUR BACKUPS ON ANYTHING LESS
Your WordPress backups are worth all of the investment you’ve made into your website. The day may come when you get hacked, when something goes wrong with an update, your server crashes or your hosting company goes bust – without good backups, you lose everything. Would you entrust all your hard work to a backup plugin with only a few thousand downloads, mixed reviews or no professional support?
Believe us: writing a reliable backup plugin that works consistently across the huge range of WordPress deployments is hard.
UpdraftPlus works. We’ll keep your backups safe.
WHY YOU SHOULD BACKUP YOUR WEBSITE.
WordPress, like any CMS, can be vulnerable to everything from server crashes, hacks, security flaws, bad plugin or theme updates and insecure web hosts. If anything happened to your website, it would cost you dearly in time, money and reputation.
Whilst other security measures are essential, backups are the ultimate insurance: they mean that, if the worst were to happen, your website (plus all related files and databases) would stay safe, and could be restored in no time.
You could of course create your own manual backups- but using a backup plugin is infinitely quicker, simpler and safer. Life’s busy enough! With UpdraftPlus, you can simply “set and forget”, scheduling in automatic backups to save you time, work and hassle.
HOW UPDRAFTPLUS COMPARES WITH OTHER BACKUP PLUGINS:
UpdraftPlus is the most highly-rated and popular backup plugin out there – and for good reason. Not only is it comprehensive in terms of its features, but it’s also easy and intuitive to use. And its vast user base means that, it’s been tried and tested in a whole range of different scenarios.
Unlike many other plugins, UpdraftPlus:
- Restores, as well as backing up
- Backs up to more cloud options than any others
- Allows you to set up automatic backup schedules, for the ultimate in convenience
- Is faster, using up fewer server resources
- Has been tested on over 3 million sites
The free version of UpdraftPlus will back up your website perfectly well. However if you need more features and options you can purchase our Premium version. Back up with UpdraftPlus Premium, and you can enjoy:
- Incremental backups
- Easily duplicates or migrates websites (with Migrator)
- Multisite/multi-network compatibility
- Back ups of non WP files and databases to multiple remote destinations
- More storage destinations (e.g. OneDrive, BackBlaze, Azure, SFTP) and multiple destinations
- Database encryption
- Advanced reporting
- Support for WP-CLI
- Free dedicated expert support
MANAGING MULTIPLE WEBSITE BACKUPS
We’ve also developed a brilliant new plugin that allows you to back up, update and manage all of your websites remotely from one central location. It’s called UpdraftCentral, and it comes in 2 different forms:
- UpdraftCentral (free, self-hosted)
- UpdraftCentral Premium (fully-hosted and “ready-to-go”, cloud version also available)
INSTANTLY CREATE A TEMPORARY CLONE OF YOUR SITE (UPDRAFTCLONE)
A temporary clone is an instant copy of a website, which runs on our servers. Rather than needing to test or develop this on your live site, you can instead create a UpdraftClone, which you can simply throw away when you’re done.
- Easy: Press the buttons and UpdraftClone does the work.
- Reliable: UpdraftClone runs on capacity from a leading cloud computing provider.
- Secure: We designate one VPS (Virtual Private Server) per clone, shared with nobody.
- Fast: Clones take just the time needed to create a backup and send it.
- Flexible: Test upgrading to a different PHP or WP version if you want.
To create a temporary clone you will need:
1) credit in your account and
2) to connect to your account.
UpdraftPlus Premium WordPress Plugin Features
- Display status of backups in progress in WordPress admin panel, along with any errors or warnings.
- Automatically backs up when plugins or dashboard themes update and before WordPress core updates run
- Reports time of next scheduled backup
- Backups made elsewhere can be imported via drag-and-drop
- Import (where possible) single site installs into the network.
- Routinely prunes the number of old backups kept
- Reports when backup completes, including file checksums for verification of backup integrity.
- Highest-rating backup and restore plugin at wordpress.org
- All log messages can be sent to syslog
- Restore individual sites within the network (without having to restore all sites).
- All backup operations are thoroughly logged.
- Proven to backup sites of 100GB; file size only limited by Web host.
- Compatible with WordPress Network / Multisite installs.
- Supports both manual and automated (scheduled) backups
- Encrypted transport to cloud storage
- Central place to store, manage and disconnect backups
- Backup/restore control panel is placed in the network dashboard.
- Imports and restores from backups made by other backup plugins.
- Restores backed-up entities from console with one-click access.
- Backs up files and databases on separate schedules
- “Debug/expert” gives further insight into backup process: option to view a different set of SSL certificates, to turn SSL certificate verification, and to turn off SSL entirely.
- Backs up limitless non-WordPress files and external databases.
- 1 gigabyte of free storage included, with the option of purchasing more as and when required
- Conveniently backs up each WordPress entity
- Designed to run everywhere that WordPress runs
- Databases can be decrypted within WordPress control panel via drag-and-drop.
- Multi-site (i.e. WPMU/WordPress Network) compatible.
- Supports backup to multiple destinations
- Database backups can be encrypted for security
- Search and replace migrates site database upon import.
- Further files, WordPress core or any arbitrary directory from the server can be backed up via add-on.